Video Tutorial: Python To-Do-List (GUI Version)
Python's built-in GUI library, Tkinter, is a great way to get started in the world of GUI programming. You will find a number of useful GUI elements (widgets) that you can use with your programs. In this tutorial, we will take a look at how to create a program that creates a simple To-Do list. It demonstrates how to set up a GUI using Tkinter, call a function when a button is clicked, how to use lists, and how to use the Grid Geometry Manager.
The program consists of a window, 8 buttons, 2 labels, a text entry widget, and a listbox widget.
The finished product will look something like this:
The tutorial is in 6 stages as follows:
Recent blog posts
- Simple Python Game Tutorial Using Classes
- Video Tutorial: Python Spacewar Game
- Video Tutorial: Python To-Do-List (GUI Version)
- Video Tutorial: Simple Space Invaders Clone
- Video Tutorial: Python Functions with Turtle Graphics
- Video Tutorial: Python Guessing Game (GUI Version)
- Global Codeathon Scratch Tutorials
- Video Tutorial: A Simple Python Turtle Graphics Game
- Video Tutorial: Tic-Tac-Toe in Python
- In Favor of Standardization in Ed Tech