Global Codeathon Scratch Tutorials
In preparation, I have created a couple of tutorials aimed and the relative beginner. Each project has a video component and an accompanying handout. The video shows in step-by-step fashion how to create each project, while the handout shows the completed scripts.
Project 1: Speed Racer
In this project, students will create a car that can race around a track using the arrow keys. They are racing against one or more computer-controlled cars.
Project 2: Lunar Lander
In this project, students will create a spaceship trapped on a planet than can fly around from landing pad to landing pad using the arrow keys. Touching the walls results in a broken spaceship and starting the level over.
If you like these tutorials, please share and follow me on Twitter: @tokyoedtech
Recent blog posts
- Simple Python Game Tutorial Using Classes
- Video Tutorial: Python Spacewar Game
- Video Tutorial: Python To-Do-List (GUI Version)
- Video Tutorial: Simple Space Invaders Clone
- Video Tutorial: Python Functions with Turtle Graphics
- Video Tutorial: Python Guessing Game (GUI Version)
- Global Codeathon Scratch Tutorials
- Video Tutorial: A Simple Python Turtle Graphics Game
- Video Tutorial: Tic-Tac-Toe in Python
- In Favor of Standardization in Ed Tech